2022 Truck Driving Championship
The Oklahoma Trucking Association and Oklahoma Safety & Security Council hosts the state Truck Driving Championships. This two-day event puts each contestant through their paces with the challenges of a written exam, personal interview, pre-trip inspection, and a skills course. After the competition is over we celebrate the accomplishments of these safe drivers at our awards banquet. Winners of each class go on to compete in the ATA National Truck Driving Championship.
Once the OTA receives driver forms we will mail Facts for Drivers books to the company contact.
Eligible drivers must be accident-free for a year and drive for a company that is a member in good standing with the OTA.
MVR must be dated no earlier than April 1.
FORMS: Due May 7
Driver Registration Form (Must be signed by both driver & company rep)
Driver Waiver & Rookie Certification (Must be completed by the driver)
Company Rep Checklist (Use this as a guide to ensure you're turning in completed driver packets)
- Drivers are required to have a Class B to compete in Straight Truck Class
- NTDC Committee recommends state associations follow the NTDC calendar (August 15, 2021 – August 15, 2022) when determining eligibility. This rule applies to the following: Accidents, 30 days away from work, Employment with entering motor carrier, Hours worked
- Retirement Rule: 2020 & 2021 count towards driver retirement years. Thus, no drivers will be retired in 2022 & 2023
- 2022 NTDC Competition Date: August 15-19
- Companies participating in the State Championships may be required to provide a tractor and/or trailer to be utilized during the competition as well as a volunteer to serve as a judge. Drivers whose companies do not provide equipment and volunteer judges may not be allowed to compete.
- In addition, if needed, companies must be able to provide equipment in the class of competition in which they have drivers competing.
A special thank you to our member Bret Bringham of Melton Truck Lines for providing the event artwork.